2019 Fall Legislative Training– Blue Island Office
Progress Center for Independent Living invites you to the Blue Island Office Legislative Training.
This 10-week Legislative Training covers many topics, including:
- How to become a self-advocate.
- How the legislative process works.
- How a bill becomes a law.
- Methods of communicating with your Legislators.
Progress Center’s next legislative training course in Blue Island begins on Tuesday, October 8, 2019. The class will meet on Tuesdays over the span of 10 weeks. Each session is two hours. Sessions begin at 10 a.m. As a participant in the legislative training, you will:
- Learn how to make a difference in the Legislative Process
- Learn how to lobby and make your vote count
- Get first – hand knowledge of government policies straight from your local and state officials
The course is open to anyone interested in advocacy on disability issues and is willing to commit to attend all 10 Tuesday sessions.
The training covers:
- How to become a self-advocate
- How the legislative process works
- How a bill becomes a law
- Methods of communicating with your legislators
For more information, contact Manuel at 708-388-5011.