Who is employed at Progress CIL, and what they do.
It should be said that while we follow job descriptions, everyone does a little bit of everything when necessary.
Independent Living Team
- Anne Gunter
- Independent Living Advocate – Information and Referral
- The Information and Referral Advocate provides answers to your disability related questions. If we do not know the answer off hand, we will likely know where to find the answers for you.
- Kim Liddell – Independent Living Advocate – Information and Referral (South Satellite)
- The Information and Referral Advocate provides answers to your disability related questions. If we do not know the answer off hand, we will likely know where to find the answers for you. This part-time advocate works at our South Satellite office in Blue Island.
- Anne Gunter – Independent Living Advocate – The Benefits Advocacy Coordinator
- Works directly with consumers as they are applying for and/or renewing state and federal entitlement programs and services, with a focus on prescription drug assistance programs. The Benefits Advocate makes presentations to community groups and professionals regarding programs and services. The Benefits Advocacy Coordinator recruits, trains, and supervises Senior Health Insurance Program (SHIP) volunteers.
- Independent Living Advocate – Employment
- The Employment advocate recruits and interviews applicants referred to the VR110 Program by a DHS/DRS Counselor. She trains VR110 interns on the philosophy, history and values of Independent Living and also provides job specific training, employment readiness services, and peer counseling to other DRS consumers who request employment related training and support.
- Larry Biondi
- Advocacy Coordinator
- The Advocacy Coordinator will directly assist staff members in working with consumers on individual advocacy issues. The Coordinator also works under the supervision of the Director on systems advocacy efforts, including interacting with local municipalities and business to ensure compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
- Clark A. Craig
- Community Organizing Advocate
- Our Community Organizer is responsible for leadership development and organizing people with disabilities and their supporters to create systemic changes in the areas of housing and other community based services in suburban Cook County. He is a lead member of Progress Center’s Membership and Outreach Committee. He also helps consumers advocate on a local, state, and national level on issues critical to the disability community.
- Carol Nemecek
- Deaf Services Coordinator
- The Deaf Services Coordinator provides services to the Deaf and Hard of Hearing community, whether directly or by assisting other Progress CIL staff. She also is in charge of the ITAC TTY distribution program at our Center.
- Marvin Mcclure, Ebonique Lofton – Center Personal Assistants
- The Center Personal Assistants are in the office to assist staff members and visitors with tasks that they would do for themselves if they didn’t have a disability. The Center PA also assists with general maintenance and upkeep of the premises.