Housing Choice Voucher Waiting List Lottery opens on October 19
The Housing Authority of Cook County is opening its Housing Choice Voucher wait list on Monday, October 19, 2020. The housing authority will begin to accept wait list applications at 8:30 in the morning on October 19. The housing authority will accept applications for the waiting list until Monday, November 2 at 4:30 p.m. This allows people two weeks to apply.
This is the first time in many years that the Housing Authority of Cook County will open the voucher waiting list. Most likely, there will be high demand. The housing authority will place applications for 10,000 households on the waiting list. A computer-generated lottery system will determine the order of applicants on the wait list. If more than 10,000 applications are submitted, a second computer-generated lottery system will determine which applications will be placed on the list. Progress Center is not familiar with the lottery system. Our recommendation is for people to fill out and submit the application as soon as you can within the two-week window starting on October 19.
Here is more information about the housing choice voucher lottery. This information was produced and shared by Age Options.
The Housing Choice Voucher program provides rental assistance to low income families so they can afford to live in the suburbs of Cook County. Here are some of the details:
- Program is open from 10/19/20 at 8:30am until 11/2/20 at 4:30pm
- Apply online at myportal.thehacc.org
- All completed applications will be accepted
- Income limit for a one-person household is $31,850 and $36,400 for a two person household
- Applications for 10,000 households will be placed on the waiting list
- A computer-generated lottery system will determine the order of applicants on the wait list
- If more than 10,000 completed applications are submitted, a computer-generated lottery system will determine which of the 10,000 applications will be placed on the waiting list
Thank you to Age Options for this helpful information.
The Housing Authority of Cook County is offering accommodation assistance and assistance with completing the application. To contact the Housing Authority, call 312-517-2388 or email HCVWaitlist2020@thehacc.org
If you have questions for Progress Center, please contact Progress Center at 708-209-1500 or firstname.lastname@example.org
2020-October 19-Spanish_HCV Waitlist Flyer 2020— Waiting List Flyer in Spanish
2020-October 19-HCV Wait List 2020-flyer — Waiting List Flyer in English