Current Job Openings at Progress Center
Progress Center is posting for the position of Program Director. Interested candidates should send a resume and a cover letter to Hesparza@progresscil.org
Essential Functions Include:
- Reports to the Executive Director.
- Communicates progress and activities of direct service staff to the Executive Director.
- Supervises service team coordinators, and works with direct service staff to assist in the development and implementation of programs and services.
- Responsible for managing all documentation required by funding agencies as it relates to the provision of direct services.
- Assists the Executive Director with the recruitment and interviewing of direct service staff.
- Establishes and implements orientation and training program for new staff, volunteers, students.
- Assists the Executive Director in the development and ongoing implementation of policies and procedures.
- Coordinates volunteer recruitment and utilization.
- Serves as a liaison with Community Groups and Human Service agencies as appropriate.
- Serves as a Resource person for direct service staff.
- Assists in the identification and development of public and private funding initiatives as they relate to the provision of direct services.
- Conducts individual service coordination meetings with direct service staff as appropriate.
- Attends and participate in regular staff meetings.
- Conducts regular supervision meetings with direct service staff as appropriate.
- Complies with all established policies and procedures of the Center and serve as a role model for other staff.
- Travels to meetings to related job responsibilities and represents the Center when appropriate.
- Serves as a liaison to the Program Committee of the Board.
- Represents the Center and its activities to the Media when appropriate.
- Responsible for development and implementation of community outreach, public education and staff in-service programming.
- Bachelor’s degree required; master’s degree preferred.
- At least three years of professional work experience with at least one year in a supervisory role.
- Must have reliable transportation and be able to travel within service area and to other areas of the state as necessary.
- Knowledge of suburban Cook County area and resources available.
- Must be able to work independently with self-direction.
- Must have experience working with people with disabilities (personal experience preferred).
- Demonstrate ability to be flexible with work hours.
- Demonstrate experience with program development.
- Excellent public relations and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to manage time effectively and delegate responsibility appropriately.
Progress Center is looking for caring and dependable people to work as personal assistants for people with disabilities and seniors in their homes in Suburban Cook County. Experience is helpful. Both full and part-time hours are available.
Anyone interested in becoming a personal assistant must first complete a personal assistant orientation. Progress Center offers several orientations every month.
For more information, contact Art Johnson at email@example.com or call 708-209-1500.
Personal Assistant Outreach Video: Spanish Language
Personal Assistant Outreach Video: English Version