Humanize Long Term Care: Take Action to support IRRC Legislation
Here is information from the Institutional Rescue and Recovery Coalition. The coalition is in Springfield, Illinois this week, pushing three pieces of legislation in support people with disabilities in Illinois who need community-based supports and who need support getting out of long-term care facilities.
From the Coalition:
The disability-led Institutional Rescue and Recovery Coalition developed policy demands that have been introduced in Springfield as three bills:
- HB3629 – (increases PNA, adds enforcement for anti-retaliation, helps keep people out of facilities)
- HB3716 – creates a task force to plan a transformation of long term care so people with disabilities and elders have a real choice for getting home or community-based care, instead of a facility
- SB2262 combines provisions of both of the above
To move forward, bills must pass committee by the end of next week (week ending March 10, 2023).
HB3716 (new directions task force) is posted for a hearing in Human Services committee: Wednesday, March 8, 8:00am
HB3629 – ‘Dignity’ (PNA, anti-retaliation, prevention) Hearing is scheduled Thursday, March 9, 8:00am
(Other not yet scheduled, but stay tuned. Thursday morning is likely)
Please complete Witness Slips for the HB 3716 and HB 3629 to show your support for the legislation.
Here are guidelines for witness slips:
- Fill in the form with your information.
- If you’re not representing an org, you can enter SELF in ‘Firm’ and ‘Representation’
- Indicate PROPONENT and ‘RECORD OF Appearance Only’
- Accept the terms then click ‘Create (slip)’