Current Job Openings at Progress Center
Progress Center for Independent Living is seeking a motivated advocate to work part-time as the Home Services Advocate. The Home Services Advocate will work in the Progress Center Office and will travel in Suburban Cook County to assist with Progress Center’s Personal Assistant Program and Stepping Stones Program.
Progress Center’s Personal Assistant (PA) Program is a referral resource for people with disabilities seeking to hire their own personal assistant. Personal Assistant services are provided through Illinois’ Department of Human Services/Division of Rehab Services (DHS/DRS) Home Services Program
The Home Services Advocate will help Progress Center’s Personal Assistant Advocate recruit personal assistants for Progress Center’s PA Registry, assist with PA Trainings, and support consumers in search of qualified personal assistants.
Stepping Stones is a program that helps prepare nursing home residents to transition from an institution into their own apartment in the community. The Home Services Advocate will support Stepping Stones recruitment efforts and assist with Stepping Stones Trainings. This will include outreach to nursing home management and staff.
Essential Functions of Home Services Advocate Include:
- Report to the Home Services Team Coordinator
- Assist with personal assistant recruitment and training efforts, including work with the Latino Community
- Support day to day work of Progress Center’s Personal Assistant Advocate
- Assist with Stepping Stones recruitment
- Support day to day work of Progress Center’s Home Services Coordinator
- Document all activities required for both internal and State mandated purposes
- Bachelor’s degree preferred. High School diploma required
- Strong oral and written communication and organizational skills
- Knowledge of community and community resources
- Ability to interact effectively with and organize consumer groups
- Driver’s License and use of a vehicle is required
- Experience working with people with disabilities is preferred but not required
- Spanish language fluency is preferred but not required
Applicants should send a resume and cover letter to:
Progress Center for Independent Living
Attention: Home Services Advocate Job Posting
7521 Madison Street
Forest Park, Illinois 60130
Progress Center is looking for caring and dependable men and women to work as personal assistants for people with disabilities and the elderly in their homes in surburban Cook County. Experience is helpful. Both full and part-time hours are available.
Anyone interested in becoming a personal assistant must first complete an application. Applicants will the be scheduled for an interview. For information on getting to our office, visit Mapquest at www.mapquest.com/directions..
Call our Personal Assistants Team at 708-209-1500 for answers to any questions you have about being a Personal Assistant. TTY users can call 708-209-1826.